Prepare your POS System for the Holiday Season
Prepare your Point of Sale (POS) system to make the holidays go smoothly.
Here are some tips to help you operate your business through the holidays and make you feel prepared for the most wonderful time of the year.
Prepare your staff!
The information must be added to the system, so all the employees can clock in and out independently.
Keep track of your inventory
Stock Up InventoryDon’t forget that suppliers and retailers are in the same boat.
Avoid Delays in Purchasing Inventory; order procrastination ends up costing your business dearly in many ways. Inventory management automation is the most efficient way to get things done on the supply chain side of your business.
Shorten Long Queues
Long queues are the biggest reason shoppers will turn away from a store. Overcrowded and long queues in stores are a red flag for customers, and one of the biggest reasons shoppers will turn away from a store. Here are some tips on how to solve these problems:
- EXPRESS CHECKOUTS – Specific for small transactions with few items.
- PRIORITY CHECKOUTS – Offering priority checkouts for pregnant women, people with infants, and the elderly is also an excellent way to reduce queues.
- SELF CHECKOUT – Self-checkout helps to ensure agility and speed queues in your business.
- SCAN & GO – With Scan & Go, the customer scans the products as they pick them, pays with their mobile phone, and therefore doesn’t need to pass through checkout.
- CLICK AND COLLECT – Offering this option helps to avoid queues, as purchases are made in an online store and picked up in-store.
- INVEST IN TRAINING FOR CASHIERS – Regular cashier training will always help provide better customer service.
- INCREASE CASHIERS NUMBERS AT PEAK TIMES – Having increased numbers of cashiers at peak times helps to shorten queuing times.
- ADOPT A GOOD EPOS SYSTEM – The best-trained cashier will still struggle with an inefficient ePOS system. Choose an ePOS system that will help manage your business and positively impact your customers’ and employees’ lives.
Pick the Right POS Solution for Your Store, and following these tips will definitely help make the holiday season a little less stressful and more lucrative.
Start preparations early to meet them, and build strong, lasting relationships with your new and existing customers.
About our Company
We are dedicated to providing your store with the most up-to-date and reliable point-of-sale hardware and software management tools to help you manage your business effectively.
About the author:
Juliane Camozzato is the Head of Marketing at Retail Solutions. You can follow her on LinkedIn!