EPOS Software as a Service
Introduction to SaaS
Solutions for your business – EPOS software as a service (SaaS) is a relatively recent concept, where software providers offer their services over the internet via a broadband connection.
A couple of Software as a Service example that most of us are familiar with is Google Workspace and Microsoft Office.
Both are subscription software services that allow multiple users to access the same software and information from anywhere and store their data via the cloud.
This is a modern twist on the provision of software services, which were traditionally purchased as a package, and then installed, set up, and managed entirely on-site.
Updates, fixes, expansions, and enhancements were all prompted and managed by the end-user.
SaaS is a cloud-based service, centrally hosted and managed by the software provider. All software services, from updates to storage, are delivered by the software service provider via an internet connection.
Benefits for your business
This type of service model can offer several benefits to a business. SaaS applications are delivered via the web, so software services can be made available immediately after purchase, with very little set-up time.
Low set up costs
Software as a Service works as a subscription service, so essentially you are retaining an ongoing pay-as-you-go licence to use the software. This means the initial set-up costs are low, making it a popular option for new business owners, and for small businesses who don’t want a large initial outlay.
Fixed ongoing costs
The ongoing service costs are fixed and regular, typically monthly or annually, making budgeting an easier task. In addition, there are usually no long contract commitments required, but it’s always a good idea to check before you sign up.
SaaS is more flexible than traditional software. Updates and fixes can be delivered instantly and without disruption to the user, and everything is handled by the service provider.
The business saves labour and downtime on system maintenance. Tasks like updating software, maintaining servers, storing data, and creating backups no longer need to be managed by the user. All technical issues are dealt with by the service provider, allowing the business more time to focus on itself and its customers.
The Software as a Service model supports scalability and grows with your business. As your business expands, so too can your software. Services can be customised, adapted, and enhanced all via web delivery, making development fast and efficient. No physical hardware is required, meaning items such as extra user licences or additional storage can be delivered instantly. Your technology always matches your business requirements and is always up to date.
Web delivery allows your software and data to be accessible for you anywhere, anytime, once you have an internet connection.
Leading SaaS applications will be built with the ability to integrate with your other software programs via application programming interfaces (APIs), so every piece of software that your business requires works in harmony together. There is no need to replace all your third-party software.
Retail Solutions EPOS Software as a Service
- Retail Solutions EPOS software as a service provides retailers with the latest software technology for running their businesses.
- Our market-leading EPOS software can be delivered almost instantly. It’s fast, flexible, and easy to use.
- Access your Retail Solutions software from anywhere at any time, once you have an internet connection.
- Clear ongoing costs and a low initial outlay makes this a great option for small to medium retail businesses or start-up companies. SaaS makes it easy to budget your monthly costs.
- We have been working with retailers for over 25 years to design in implement EPOS software solutions that work for your business. Our developers continue to make improvements every day so we can support and grow with our customers.
- We understand that no two businesses are the same, which is why our systems can be customised and configured to meet the needs of your own retail business.
- Our system provides safety and security for your business data. The Retail Solutions SaaS EPOS solution includes secure cloud storage and backup to provide you with peace of mind.
- We constantly monitor and enhance our software, so updates are delivered to you automatically via the internet and constant monitoring means potential issues can be spotted and rectified before they ever cause an issue.
- Retail Solutions EPOS Software as a Service combines our tried and trusted software with the speed and convenience you require.
Who are we?
We are dedicated to providing your store with the most up-to-date and reliable point of sale hardware, along with software management tools to help you manage your business effectively.
To find out more about what we do, get in touch to chat with one of our knowledgeable consultants:
About the author:
Susan McGuire has been with Retail Solutions for over 6 years, and during that time has had roles within the areas of Maintenance, Finance, & Marketing. You can follow her on LinkedIn!